Resurrecting an old vector I started back in September 09 or so. This took way longer than I expected it to, mainly because I decided to spend some extra effort doing colored lines. Not particularly difficult to do, but it requires picking through all the lines carefully and making sure they’re layered correctly such that the right colors overlap. I think I’ve gotten them all, but I know the instant I upload this I’ll notice a stray one I think the effect is worth it. While I like my usual black line style, the addition of colored lines softens out the vectors a bit, and makes the linework less jarring. I attempted to get the background to look like the original eyecatch, but couldn’t quite get it to look right, so settled for some simplicity.
Not sure what I’ll do next. I may go back through my old abandoned stuff again. I know I have a half-done Simoun trace from years ago, so that might be on the agenda. Alternatively one of the shows this season might grab my attention. I am open to suggestions or requests, though as always, I only work on stuff that I like personally and I reserve the right to do something else.